Intermediate Care Services
Our Carers at Home (Rehabilitation) will cease functioning on 6th May 2012. If you feel you need rehabilitation services in your own home you may contact the borough Intermediate Care Team on 020 8708 9101. Alternatively, talk to our Daisy Fresh co-ordinator about using direct payment or attendance allowance for our charged-for re-ablement services.
Our Escorted Discharge Service is designed to assist hospital discharge and enable you to regain skills and confidence at home following an accident, illness or stay in hospital.
The services use trained workers to:
- Ensure a comfortable safe discharge from hospital
- Ensure that immediate and short term needs are met
- provide a single point of contact should you encounter problems in the immediate post discharge period
- Build confidence
Escorted Discharge Service
What is the Escorted Discharge Service?
The service aims to provide a safe and quick way home for patients being discharged from hospital who may need some support when they get home. We hope that by providing this help at the time of discharge, people who use this service will feel more confident about returning to their homes and therefore less likely to have to go back into hospital.
What people say about this service
‘It made me feel secure to know that others, besides my family, cared for me.’
‘I was dreading the thought of returning to an empty house. I was so relieved to know that I was being escorted and that someone would help me get settled. They took all the worry away.’
What can you do to help me?
Once you are at home we can do a number of things that will help you to settle and feel comfortable.
- Shop for essentials
- Notify friends and family that you are home
- Refer you to other services that might beneficial to you including our other services and other agencies
- Make sure that your house is safe and that all essentials (heating, lighting, water etc.) are working
To qualify for a free service you must be a Redbridge resident over the age of 60 and have been an in-patient in a local hospital. You must be able to get in and out of a car with minimal help. We can provide this service in Havering and Barking & Dagenham to clients who pay for the service.