Mission and aims
Age UK Redbridge, Barking & Havering exists to improve and maintain the quality of life for older people living in the London borough of Redbridge, Barking & Havering. We seek to achieve this aim by:
- Ensuring that older people have dignity, respect, choice and that their voices are heard
- Ensuring that services are provided in a sensitive and approachable manner
- Being a focus of advice and help for older people
All of our staff receive on-going training and supervision and, depending on their role, are checked with the Criminal Records Bureau.
We provide a number of services which are available to older people in the borough. These include:
- Advice and Information Service
- DaisyFresh help at home
- Wanstead Activity Centre
- Early Intervention Service
- Escorted Discharge Service
- Forget-Me-Not Befriending
- Voices of Experience
- All of our services
In addition to these services we also work closely with Redbridge Council, Redbridge Primary Care Trust, Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospital Trusts and other statutory and voluntary organisations.
We meet with these bodies to to try and represent the voices of older people and ensure that these voices are heard. We try to ensure that local services are provided in a manner that is accessible and acceptable to older people.