What is Advice and Information?
We operate an Advice and Information Service which is free, independent and confidential to older people, their relatives, carers and friends.We provide information on issues affecting older people such as welfare benefits, community care, leisure and health.
What people say about our service
‘The person who dealt with my problem was one of the most helpful people that I have met for years. Due to their help I now receive Attendance Allowance which has made a big difference to my life.’
‘I found the staff to be understanding and very helpful with older people. I left feeling very confident and would go back if I ever needed help again.’
What can we do to help you?
- Advise you about checking your entitlements to Welfare Benefits
- Assist you to fill out benefit (and other) forms
- Liaise with other agencies to help you access services
- Signpost you to other organisations and services
- If we cannot answer your query we will try and put you in touch with people who may be able to help you
- We have a wide range of factsheets on a number of issues and topics
- Make home visits in exceptional circumstances or when the older person is housebound
- Every year we campaign in various ways for ‘Your Rights Week’ and keep you up to date with all Benefit and Pension information.
Unfortunately we cannot give advice in the following areas:
Although we will try and help you access the appropriate service to help you.
Advice and Information services are free to all.
Generously funded by: